Update: Purple 16″ Pugsley is sold so only the 18″ green Pugsley is still available.
It’s come time to sell our beloved Surly Pugsley fatbikes. We love them, but our biking missions and lives have changed quite a lot since they were bought such that we don’t have any need for uber fat tires. They have been well taken care of over the time we have had them and were recently repainted and overhauled so they are like new. No damage, dents or other problems. They can be ridden as is for many more years without a major service.
These bikes are the perfect adventure rigs. They’ll take you over sand, snow and handle dirt quite well. They can be loaded up with soft bikepacking bags or racks and panniers. The steel frames give a comfortable ride and they are tough enough for anything that might come your way. The Alfine 8 IGHs have proven reliable and nearly maintenance free – ideal if you want to ride not worry about ripping off a derailleur or getting your shifting dialled in.
You can build 29+ wheels for these bikes using Surly Rabbit Hole rims if you want a less-fat option for summer time riding.
Spec’s Common to Both Pugsleys
- Surly Pugsley steel fatbikes
- Alfine 8 IGH with trigger shifters [geared 32T x 23T]
- Surly 135mm front hubs w/ 23T fixed gear cog attached for emergency wheel swap
- Phil Woods BBs [fresh bearings]
- Shimano cranks [Alivio/Deore] w/ some wear marks
- Avid BB7 brakes & levers w/ fresh housing and cables
- freshly powder coated frames and frame saver applied during rebuild
- offset 135mm rear end and fork
- no Surly stickers applied
- Both bikes come with a Salsa stem [I have some alternative stems to help you dial in fit]
- Both bikes come with a MTB riser bar [I have a few options we can discuss to dial in the fit]
You can see lots of photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vikapproved/sets/72157610461277546/
Notes on Green [18″] Pugsley
- brand new Surly Rolling Darryl rims w/ cut outs [custom powder coated red]
- nearly new Big Fat Larry tires
- Epic Designs [aka Revelate] custom frame bag [like new]
- Green 18″ Pusgley $1350 + shipping
Purple 16″ Pugsley $1100 + shipping $150 off if you buy both
We built these bikes up as a custom build from parts for ~$2500/each. The ideal was to have a robust no nonsense adventure bike and we succeeded in that regard. A new Pugsley costs close to $2000 and doesn’t come with an IGH which in my mind makes a ton of sense for a fatbike.
What’s not included?
- no saddes
- no pedals
- no racks
- no panniers or bikepacking bags [other than Epic Designs frame bag on 18″ Pugs]